O-Level Physics syllabus pdf download here. This article will provide all information about the Physics syllabus in pdf and how to download it. Also, it explains the physics general competencies for o level students and the general objectives. Read more for further understanding. Also, this syllabus can be found on the TIE Website
Introduction to Physics syllabus
This Physics syllabus is a revised version that has been prepared to replace that of the 1996 syllabus which has been phased out. The revision process focused on a change in paradigm from that of a content-based curriculum to a competency-based curriculum. O-Level Physics syllabus pdf download
Moreover, the revision was inevitable due to the fact that the 1996 syllabus did not sufficiently consider the current social, cultural, global, technological, and subject biases and cross-cutting issues taking place worldwide but particularly in Tanzanian society.
In addition, the revision has also taken into consideration the requirements for the Secondary Education Development Plan (SEDP). This syllabus has been introduced for implementation in January 2007. O-Level Physics syllabus pdf download
By the end of the four years course, students should have the ability to:
- use Physics knowledge, principles and concepts in daily life;
- apply scientific methods in solving problems in daily life;
- apply technological skills in interacting with the environment;
- manage simple technological appliances.
- use the language of Physics in communication.
By the end of the four years course, students should be able to:
- develop knowledge of concepts, laws, theories and principles of Physics;
- understand procedures of scientific investigation;
- acquire technological skills to interact with the environment;
- develop the language of communication in Physics.
Structure of the Physics Syllabus
This Physics syllabus has a slightly different structure compared to that of 1997. The following changes were added for improvement:
- General competencies for the whole course.
- Competences for each class.
- Suggested areas for assessment.
- The number of periods per sub-topic.
Class Level Competences
Competences have been stated for each class/level of the Physics course. The class-level objectives are derived from the class-level competencies.
Class Level Objectives
O-Level Physics syllabus pdf download Link
The Syllabus in pdf is available at the following link. Note: If the link is no longer working please contact us so we can update the link.