O-Level Chemistry syllabus pdf download here. This article will provide all information about the Chemistry syllabus in pdf and how to download it. Also, it explains the Chemistry general competencies for o level students and the general objectives. Read more for further understanding. Also, this syllabus can be found on the TIE Website
About Chemistry syllabus
This Chemistry syllabus is a revised version that has been prepared to replace that of 1997 which has been phased out. The revision process focused on a change in paradigm from that of a content-based to a competency-based curriculum. O-Level Chemistry syllabus pdf download
Moreover, the revision was inevitable due to the fact that the 1997 syllabus did not sufficiently consider the current social, cultural, global, technological, and subject biases and cross-cutting issues taking place worldwide but particularly in Tanzanian Society. O-Level Chemistry syllabus pdf download
In addition, the revision has also taken into consideration the requirements for the Secondary Education Development Plan (SEDP). This syllabus has been introduced for implementation in January 2007.
General Subject Competences
By the end of the four years course, the student should have the ability to:
- develop knowledge in Chemistry by doing various activities and experiments;
- apply chemical symbols, formulae, and equations to communicate in Chemistry;
- apply Chemistry knowledge skills and principles to solve daily life problems;
- using science and technological skills in conserving and making sustainable use of the environment.
General Subject Objectives
By the end of the four years course, the student should be able to:
- design and perform experiments;
- understand symbols, formulae, and equations to communicate in Chemistry;
- acquire Chemistry skills, knowledge, and principles to solve daily life problems;
- appreciate the application of scientific principles and knowledge in the exploitation of natural resources with the conservation of the environment.
Structure and Organization of the Chemistry syllabus
This Chemistry syllabus has a slightly different structure compared to that of 1997. The following changes were added for improvement:
- General competencies for the whole course.
- Competences for each level i.e. Form One to Form Four.
- Suggested areas for assessment.
- A number of periods per sub-topic.
Class Level Objectives
For each competence intended to be achieved, one or more objectives have been stated in order to achieve it. The general objectives for Form One to Form Four are stated in general terms to indicate the scope of content to be covered within each level.
Class Level Competences
Competencies are skills, knowledge, and attitudes attained by the learner during the learning process. Competences have been stated for each class/level of the Chemistry course. The class-level objectives are derived from the class-level competencies.
O-Level Chemistry syllabus pdf download Link
The Syllabus in pdf is available at the following link. Note: If the link is no longer working please contact us so we can update the link.